Design Thinking is a method to create a new value – a product, a service or a solution. It is also a thinking skill to master as part of your competence. Associated with New Product Development, Design Thinking joins human, business, science, aesthetics approaches, making the best of rational-analytical/ intuitive- tacit knowledge interplay.
Why Design Thinking with Lego Serious Play?
Both techniques can be combined due to both are :
- Learning through experience
- Learning and creating is a simultaneous process
- Disrupting the existing status-quo.
- Using co-creation – collaborative ways.
- Making the best of multiple types of intellect
- Making use of inclusiveness and diversity benefits interplay
- Using 3D modelling for visualization.
- Unlocking intuitive using hand-on approach – connecting hand and brain.
- Looking for the answer in the system and seeking to uncover.
- Practicing individual creativity as essential basis
- Meeting uncertainty challenge
- Developing creative thinking skills
What LSP adds to Design Thinking
- always use 3D LEGO models – maximizing visual support. Models also bring in wider use of a metaphor – a whole-story multifaceted understanding with multiple fresh insights
- the ground rules – play etiquette – secures healthy and safe team dynamics, 100% inclusive teams, prevents personal agenda behaviors
- as a play brings in more fun, more positive emotions, more colors to working togethe
- as a play secures safe experimentation environment, reducing real-world prototyping cost
- the play rules secure rigorous methodology application and step-by-step, progressive skills acquirement
Design Thinking facilitation
We lead your company or organization through this intense and engaging process, facilitating workshop sessions with your team of internal and external stakeholders to understand the specific customer preferences and the big picture, impacting the process. Analyzing and overviewing the present connections and dependencies, we generate new insights through serious play, prototype and develop the solutions.
Depending of the challenge, Design Thinking sessions can be part of large-scale innovation projects, as well as a shorter workshop. Whatever scale, it is always a problem-solving flow, aiming at desirable and viable result – a solution, a product or service – and mastering Design Thinking as a skill.
Combining the existing Design Thinking and Lego Serious Play as thinking, communication and problem-solving techniques is a safe and highly effective way to speed up NPD and improve innovative thinking skills.