WHY HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TOOL
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is highly effective tool for better decisions and teams, BECAUSE
- the bricks in your hands help to connect the tips of your fingers to the brain: building a model make your brain work better and quicker;
- if you build a few models, you get a few thoughts;
- if you play with the models, you play with new thoughts and make decisions quicker – get the work done ;
- compared to role plays, it is always about here and now – about our work to be done
- through metaphors we resolve problems originating from opinions, emotions and personal agenda – at the same time;
- the play develops interpersonal, communication skills –in a safe play situation;
- the fun of the play and emotions result in long term memory of ideas and deeply rooted relations and attitudes,
- the game is fun – it increases the ‘happiness factor’ – and works to the peoples’ best the best way.
How do we know that the method is highly effective and it is as we describe above?
There is no statistics that convince a human better, than “try-before-buy” principle. Look at the pictures. Get a demo workshop. If you still feel messy, take your time to reflect later. Take the bricks and build a model of the RESULTS some days later.
If you are still looking for statistics, we can only refer to the complexity of the problem,no agreement on the reliable measurement criteria and methodology. Even the training results are hard to measure long-term and not biased by the context. If you are looking for the participant’s and organizers satisfaction after the training – widely spread practice – you arrive at your best to some conclusions about expectations realized, but these are subject to a number of bias also. These results have very little to do with the organisational effectiveness in long-term perspective. Remember the learning curve? What training can be highly effective then?…It is over, it is the past. If we want this past to determine the present, or future, we shall read it into the day. But this is deterministic interpretation.
When we play, and make the tool work further on, we reinterpret the story again. We see other past and other future. Play is endless in it’s work. We do it again and again, feel safe about it, learn safe. Therefore it works.